Holiday Recipe: Paleo Egg Nog By Dr. Millie Lytle, ND
Check out this great recipe for the holiday season: Paleo Egg Nog! Dr. Millie Lytle, ND recommends serving this delicious holiday treat cold. Try out this Paleo Egg Nog recipe and let us know what you think!
- 1 scoop InVite® Vanilla Whey Isolate Protein Powder (reserve until the end)
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cans or 1 carton coconut milk, canned and full fat
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, freshly grated (adjust to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon almond milk, optional (to thin out the egg nog)
- Rum, optional
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat yolks for a couple minutes. Gradually add coconut sugar, pausing in between to let the sugar dissolve. Set aside for now.
- In a saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a low simmer and then add the nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Now it’s time to temper the eggs. Turn your stand mixer on low and then (very) slowly add a spoonful of the hot milk mixture to the egg yolks. Repeat until you have about a cup of milk in your mixer.
- Once the eggs have been tempered, add them to the saucepan and allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and allow the egg nog to cool down.
- Add rum if you want to, then put the egg nog in the fridge to chill (the longer you let it chill, the thicker it will become).
- When you take the egg nog out of the fridge, add almond milk to thin it out according to taste.
- Whisk or blend the protein powder.
- Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon on top before serving.
Try out this Paleo Egg Nog recipe and let us know what you think!
Share this post!