You can find flaxseeds in a number of different foods like oatmeal, muffins and even cereal. This is for good reason! Flaxseeds are one of the most healthiest foods, as it supplies a number of essential nutrients, like lignans and essential fatty acids. Here’s what you need to know about organic flaxseed powder and how to use it in your everyday routine!
Benefits of Organic Flaxseed Powder
Studies have shown flaxseed to be beneficial for a number of reasons. Because they are high in essential fatty acids like omega-3s and omega-9s, flaxseed may boost cognition and help to protect the brain.†
They are also a fantastic source of dietary fiber, which can help to keep your digestion regular – flushing out toxins and excess fats out of the body. Because flaxseeds contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, it can also help keep your gut microbiome (the good and bad bacteria in the gut) balanced.†
Did you know that one tablespoon of organic flaxseed powder contains two grams of protein? This good amount of protein, combined with its fiber content, makes flaxseed the perfect option to help you feel full and satisfied.†
A study from the journal Hypertension found that daily linoleic acid (found in flaxseed) is associated with lower systolic blood pressure and a reduced risk of hypertention.†
Incorporating Flaxseed into your Daily Routine
Flaxseed, when bought from the grocery story, can be a little high maintenance. Whole flaxseed cannot be broken down in your body and will pass through your digestive system without letting your body reap its benefits. So, you’ll want to opt for ground flax seeds or a superior organic flaxseed powder supplement. Here’s how to use it.
1. Baking – You can add flaxseed powder to just about any baked goods, sometimes even replacing flour or eggs.
Click here for a delicious flourless flaxseed recipe!
2. Smoothies – Flax is a foolproof smoothie add in! Mix with almond milk, leafy greens like kale and spinach and a banana and you’re ready to go!
3. Breakfast – Flaxseed powder is the perfect addition to add to yogurt.
4. Water – some individuals may even enjoy simply adding their organic flaxseed powder to water and drinking it to increase their daily water and fiber intake
5. Meat – some individuals may even enjoy adding ground flaxseed to their meat, like beef used for burgers!
How do you like to incorporate flaxseeds into your daily routine? Share some tips in the comments below!